View Single Post
Old 07-26-2015, 05:41 PM   #4
tentcamper
TrailManor Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maldos View Post
Hello I go by Maldos and I'm a total noob at TM travel. I've purchase a TM 2720 2007 so the wife and I can enjoy the great outdoors together. I'm an avid camper and motorcyclist (moto-camping) and just returned from a 20 day moto trip to Alaska, 5400 miles one way, but my wife has missed out, not any longer we're both excited. Fantastic site

What I've done so far: Lift kit, 15" wheels and tires. Andersen WDH hitch added to my 2014 4Runner Limited. I now want to install TPMs to the TM and am looking at the TST 507 kit but would like to add the INTERNAL sensor which come in 1", 2" and 3" lengths. Not sure which length to purchase, any suggestions. I could go with the caps but would have to remove for adjusting pressure.

If there's anything else I should do for my maiden trip next month I'm open to all suggestions and recommendations.

Don
+2 have similar tps no issues taking off the caps. I normally start the season off with 57.5 psi, overinflating within the 10 psi limit for goodyears. I don't have to add air until the next year. By Nov i'm at about 51 psi. I lose about 1/2 - 3/4 psi per month. Since you will be installing a tsp, you don't have to take off the caps to check the psi, you use your tps monitor.

But if I went with internal valve stems I would not get stems that went past the outer edge of the rim. I sure would not want it banging on curbs.
tentcamper is offline   Reply With Quote