View Single Post
Old 09-21-2006, 02:08 PM   #16
rickst29
yes, they hunt lions.

Wink These "extra" bags shouldn't be there, I think.

Cathy, I'm glad to see that you're online. (Sorry to sound a little more rude than most people, I always talk that way.) When you have the WDH on the correct strength (# of links), the Sedona is already level. Air springs are for pickup trucks, where the front is WAY heavier than the back to begin with. Your Minivan, although a bit "front-heavy", is not in this class.

Extra/Stronger springs in the back doesn't do much of anything for your total hauling capacity-- remember, the WDH puts equal portions of the load onto both axles. If you wanted to upgrade to HD suspension components, you'd want to do it on both axles, or the front axle (first).

If you've already got 'em in, then you need to adjust your WDH as follows: (1) BEFORE attaching the WDH head to the hitch receiver, level the Sedona (loaded with all your vacation stuff). (2) Now turn the ignition off (if they're fancy auto-adjusting airsprings.) You don't want the airsprings and WDH trying to "adjust at the same time, it'll end up totally wrong. (3) measure the height on the Sedona body at the top of the wheel wells, as above. (4) hook up WDH and set the torque so that the front and back of the Sedona, at the wheel wells, goes down by the same distance.

If you really like, you can then add just a tiny bit of extra air for the passengers.
- - - - -
BTW, I see from your posts that you have upgraded the hitch receiver, THAT was smart!