View Single Post
Old 07-19-2006, 07:59 PM   #7
Freedom

We have basically the same engine 4.3L & running gear in our 2000 GMC Jimmy. It also has the tow button and we have never had trouble towing our 2619. I tow too fast so we only get 15 MPG, but that's my fault. I know if I only go 65 it gets better mileage - we can see that on the trip computer. I use cruise control a lot and don't shift out of OD unless it's hunting gears. The tow button takes care of the rest. The obnoxious thing is that you have to remember to push it each time the ignition has been off. I put the sticky part of a sticky note on the tach to remind me to push the button when I'm towing. (DW reminds me if I don't push it soon enough!) If you're thinking about a 2619 or 2720 I would try it before spending all the money to modify your rig. We have towed over high passes and not had any trouble. We even passed other rigs that were having trouble. Haven't done the Eisenhower tunnel yet, but I wouldn't hesitate to do it. This is my opinion, so you have to decide for yourself.