View Single Post
Old 08-28-2022, 08:54 PM   #6
Shane826
TrailManor Master

Bill- Does your 2014 truck “recognize” when there is a trailer is connected? These newer “smart” trucks are way more sensitive to stuff like this.

JohnMD- ForScan (sorry, autocorrect) is an app/software that you can download on your compute/tablet/phone and use with a wireless OBD dongle and have pretty damn close to a factory scan tool. Read codes and data in all
modules, I believe you can command functions on/off for diagnostic purposes, and turn option codes on and off. I have the FCA version, Alfa OBD for my Ram truck. It let me program the VIN to a used ECM, turn on daytime marker lights, turn on Bambi mode (fog lights don’t drip out with high beams), global window down (roll windows down via remote), and so on and so forth. Someday if my DEF tank falls of and the 36 gallon Hemi fuel tank somehow gets stuck under my truck, I’ll be able to recalibrate the fuel gauge and range. It’ll let you recalibrate the speedometer for different tire sizes. I have it on my cheapo Android phone (along with my rearview camera and TPMS for the trailer) and keep it in the truck just in case. I’m pretty sure ForScan is very similar.

https://forscan.org/home.html
SMARTER THAN GOOGLE!
Shane826 is online now   Reply With Quote