View Single Post
Old 08-30-2022, 02:34 PM   #23
coralcruze

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyboyTR View Post
Thanks for the response. The fire started because of the gas leak on the line that goes from the thermostat to the burner. Rat urine has basically eaten through it. Enough LP made it to the burner allowing it to light. I assume the leaking LP slowly built up everywhere at eventually the gas reached to the open flame. It was a flashover type fire. Just thankful I went outside to check on things. The electrical had lots of burned paper around them. The smoldering fire melted the wiring...all of which I repaired/replaced.

All of the other components of the fridge are in working order. I was cleaning out the cabinet and happen to turn on the fan and that was when I noticed it was blowing upwards instead of downward.

For 46 years I have used fans inside all the RV fridges. They do help a lot!
I see... well thankfully no one got hurt and you were able to catch it in time. That's the most important thing. For us also and I guess every situation is differant. In my case chewed wires was the cause in yours something else. If the fan was on when the fire started would make sense that the gas was carried back down to the flame. Insane...

As mentioned I agree that a fan inside a small box ref. Would circulate the cold air. Just nit sure if it make all that much of a diff. If the fan is on top or bottom. Glad you are able to refurbish and all is not lost.
coralcruze is offline   Reply With Quote