View Single Post
Old 09-18-2023, 01:46 PM   #28
rickst29
yes, they hunt lions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShrimpBurrito View Post
I have never seen anything like that -- what is that? Have you posted a separate thread about it?
Dave
That image shows an angle bar 'floor mounting plate', with an attached 'strut lower mount bar' also attached. They are the larger and more time-consuming installed parts from my "assisting gas strut" assemblies, which provide additional shell lifting power to my weakened torsion bars. (my torsion bars are adjusted for maximum twist power using the screws, and the bar ends have hit the limits of the enclosing box).

With regard to the sagging floor issue in this Thread, only the "floor mounting pate" is relevant. That assembly is connected through the edge of the floor, up into the center of the bottom wall assembly. It holds the lower mount really tight against the both the sidewall and the floor edge, in spite of high forces (from the gas struts) trying to push the entire end mount assembly down from with floor.

(It also resists front-back forces presented at the strut end, which are very large in lowered position, but decrease as the lift arm and attached strut are moved into vertical "open" position.)

I see that it is hard to determine that Thread, "Gas Struts",from only the image link. The whole Thread is long and complex, with most of my parts and assembl;y stuff starting here): https://www.trailmanorowners.com/for...9&postcount=56

I later found that the additional "inside" screws (in stainless, inwards from the row of deck screws) were not needed to hold these L-bars firm. It was plenty strong with just the bunch of deckmate screws (8-10 screws, yellow/brown).
- - -
applied to this issue, the downwards L-bar side could be skipped (with just the flat plate still resisting bends pretty well). The side "lower wall" will still be held down to the floor by all the screws.

Or, a thinner L-bar could reach upwards along the outside of wall, allowing fior the addition of horizontal screws as wellt - but that would have issues of interfering with shell bag seal descent, if it stuck out too far.

Here's a shot of one L-bar, with the "inner" holes all ignored.