View Single Post
Old 09-21-2002, 09:15 AM   #31
Denny_A
Former TM Owner

Default Re: Distance Between Tire, Outigger, and Wheel Wel

Quote:
As per your suggestion I did check the sticker by the door it said 2775. But I put the trailer on the scale unhook it so that only the trailer was on the scale and the number was 3580, hooked it back up with a Reese WDH light setting and the trailer axle went to 3600. Needless to say I don't use the WHD now.

I'm wondering if the 2775 number is without options as is the number for my truck. Chevy book says #### plus options such as AC, 4WD transfercase, ect. If the 2775 is base trailer then the scale numbers could be very close. Which takes us back to the question, I wonder why TM did not put a little heavery duty axle and or wheels and tires on the thing in the first place?

Don't get me wrong I like the trailer but being able to carry a little something in it would be great.
WB,

Re weighing: With your trailer on the scale unhooked, did you mean with the wheels and the 'tongue support wheel on the scale (i.e., total wt of the trailer), or did you mean w/the tongue on the hitch w/o the WDH hooked up?

If the former case, 3580 lbs is very high for the 2720SL. If the latter, with the tongue load being taken by the tow vehicle, the trailer weight is likely to be another 500 lbs more, which is way out of line.

I say this since you say the weight went to 3600 when the WDH was hooked up. The ONLY way that could be so is if the tongue was supported on the tow vehicle hitch when 3580 lbs was measured!

Had the trailer been totally disconnected and weighed, it should have weighed *at least* 350-40 lbs more than when connected to the tow vehicle and WDH engaged.

Re Wondering: My placard says GVWR = 4075 lbs, UVW = 2965 lbs, Fresh Water = 216 lbs, LP-Gas = 400 lbs.

Therefore my dry Weight , with LP is 2965+ 40 = 3005 lbs. That placard in YOUR vehicle has UVW as manufactured at the factory. It is inclusive of FACTORY installed options. My trailer weighed in at 3020. I had full LP tanks added had a 25 foot, 30 amp extension and a few tools before weighing it the first time. So, the numbers made sense.

If you can't sort this out, call and ask for Jimmy Davis at TM: Phone #: 865-426-7426

Denn_A
Denny_A is offline   Reply With Quote