View Single Post
Old 09-06-2003, 09:31 AM   #2
Chris
Site Team

Default Re:OK, Chris, what do the symbols mean?

There are some new features with the new modification pack that I added that I need to disable. You have called out a couple of them.
  • A sticky topic keeps the topic at the top of the listings.
  • A locked topic means that you can read it, but not reply.
  • A locked sticky topic is a combo of both.
  • New is new since you last logged in.
  • Report means that you can report this thread to the moderator...Not a big deal on our board, but some boards have issues with posters being rude and unruly. That reports it to the moderators and the webmaster.
  • Logged means that the IP address of the poster has been logged. I can see them if there was a problem with threats or other things where we needed to involve someone's ISP. I have gotten people banned from their ISP due to abuse before...not on this board but on another.
  • Complete is for boards that are working on issues. If we had a troubleshooting board that TM visited, it would give the tech a quick way to see which ones are active, and which ones are solved so he or she doesn't go back to it.
  • I'll be spending some time today going over the issues with this change, and get rid of the things we don't want like the zodiac symbols. I wanted to ensure it was stable, and that there were other things that we did want about it so that I could just remove it otherwise.
Thanks
Ct..
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote