View Single Post
Old 03-29-2010, 11:07 AM   #20
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine

Barb and Tim -

In the high Sierras (Yosemite, as I recall), the use of bear boxes is required, and the rangers will check. The heavy steel bear boxes are provided, mounted in concrete, at each campsite. I think unopened cans of food in the TM is OK, and food in the TM refrig is OK. But no packages of crackers in the TM, no unwashed dishes, no coolers in the car unless their shape is disguised with a blanket. The same rule applies to cosmetics - bears apparently think they smell great. Stuff like that - it has been a few years. But as I recall, everyone used the bear boxes, and no one had any trouble, and the ranger we talked to had no worries about our TM. The rangers there, as well in bear campgrounds in Yellowstone, welcomed our TM as a hard-side, in areas where canvas pop-ups and tents were not allowed.

There should be no gap at the front of the trailer. I'm having trouble visualizing just where it is, but yes, I would think that any gap this size would invite squirrels in particular. Let me suggest that you either post a picture of the gap here, or take a look at another 2619 and figure out what is wrong and how to fix it.

Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote