View Single Post
Old 05-07-2009, 06:51 PM   #8
countrygirl
TrailManor Master

Every year we camp for 2 weeks in Missouri in a farming area. Once your off the main road the farm roads can be pretty bad. We got excited when we were told they had paved one of the ones we take in to reach the farms we visit. We found out paving up there means they put some gravel down. Gravel is good though....because with out it the dirt roads up there turn to the consistency of Jello pudding when it rains.

The gravel keeps some of the heavy dust down but there is still some dust. Of course we just drive in...set up stay two weeks and leave. The dust going in to the farm is really not much....the dust driving the roads in my truck for 2 weeks is a LOT! The truck gets covered with it....on the outside and the inside of the truck bed. (I do have a Leer topper on the truck bed) We park in fields/pastures almost daily and on cold mornings the cows come around the truck to warm up and they put nose prints all over the dusty truck! Usually I can take one or two sheets of those pop up wet wipe things and dust the inside of the TM right after we set up. It usually only takes one and never more then two of those wet wipes. We usually have a little dust on the wall between the sink and the sofa area and usually just on the side of the camper with the kitchen sink.

The truck bed is scrubbed and rinsed out after we get home. We used to clean it before the return home trip but had water freeze in the locks once...so now we wait till we get back.

We replaced the tires on the TM July 2017 I will update when I have time to get the specs

What's new...we went to all LED lighting and love them.

New 3/25/16 two new horizontal propane tanks.
countrygirl is offline   Reply With Quote