View Single Post
Old 03-13-2008, 11:43 AM   #3
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine

You have seem some pretty sad TMs.
1. Water leakage. A few people have experienced minor leaks, and caulking usually fixes them right away. But leakage is by no means a common problem. Use the Search tool and review the threads.
2. Hinges. I know of only one case where the wardrobe hinge failed, and that was me, using a good dose of the idiocy that only I can muster! I was moving across country and loaded the wardrobe MUCH heavier than I should have. It was well over 100 pounds. Nothing broke, but the rivets pulled through the metal leaf of the hinge. When we got where we were going, I unloaded the wardrobe, removed it from the TM, re-riveted using backer washers, and re-installed. It has been fine ever since. I don't think I've ever heard of a failure in the bathroom wall hinge.
3. Bed slides. Again, not a common problem, but there has been some discussion about replacing the teflon tracks. You can read the threads here on this board.
4. Windows won't close? That should be fixed before you buy. They should all close, and you may have to slam them a bit to get them fully home. If they don't close, they will leak. Look for obtructions in the track, folds in the black fuzzy material, etc.

Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote