View Single Post
Old 02-05-2014, 09:39 PM   #3
LoveToCamp
TrailManor Master

Hmmm. I looked at a TM that had been totaled by the insurance company, due to hail. If I had been in the market for that size, I would have no problem purchasing the unit with the damage, as it was really not "bad", in my mind. The aspect of a salvage title, though, would add a different dimension.

I have not dealt with a salvage title, so my comments are not based on experience. But, seems to me that a salvage title would warrant maybe half of the price of a unit in good condition, even if it is only hail damage. I would call my insurance agent, and ask about insuring it, with a salvage title. If it was totaled, again, what would I get from the insurance company? If they say $8,000, I would not pay $15,000.

Negotiate, after talking to your insurance agent. That, to me, would be a good indicator of what I should be offering. Don't have a clue how much the dealership paid the old insurance company, but my guess is that it was not within $2,000 of current asking price.

Again, I have no experience with a salvage title, so my comments are just my personal take on the situation.

Good luck!
LoveToCamp is offline   Reply With Quote