View Single Post
Old 09-20-2013, 04:36 PM   #5
countrygirl
TrailManor Master

To me the question regarding the toilet needs more info. Will you be primarily dry camping or camping in a traditional campgound. If a campground you would after hooking up the drain pipe to the campground outlet just pull the inside lever and the outside lever whenever you or she feels it is necessary...and away it goes, you then close the levers and you recharge the toilet.

Usually for the first day and a half I don't smell anything. Then on day two sometimes I do or do not...I guess it all depends. I use the Aqua Chem with formaldahyde and a potty toddy tablet. Day two I might smell it...it still depends...on day three I can smell it and dumpit. If dry camping it is dumped into a portable tank like a blue boy.

Hot weather and I smell something quicker then when it is cold. While we live in Florida we do dry camp at an Uncles house for 2 to 3 weeks every fall and it gets pretty cold in Missouri in November. It even snows sometimes while we are there.

BTW if I do think I smell something and I am not ready to dump or if I am at a campgound where you dump as you exit and I am leaving the next day I will spray a spritz of "Clean Air" made by Yankee Candle. Keep the lid down when not in use.

I believe I read on here recently that for the standard TM models you may now order either the standard thetford Toilet or a cassette type toilet. With the cassette toilet you could pull out the Your wife may want the cassette so you can pull out the cartridge and dump it daily. I think that would mean buying new and ordering the unit from the factory how you the toilet to be.

If we are in Missouri and will have freezing weather for several hours on end then we dump all fluids including fresh. If it is just a hour or so at daybreak we don't dump and run the heater with the bathroom door open and the cabinet open where the fresh water tank is.

We replaced the tires on the TM July 2017 I will update when I have time to get the specs

What's new...we went to all LED lighting and love them.

New 3/25/16 two new horizontal propane tanks.
countrygirl is offline   Reply With Quote