View Single Post
Old 09-17-2013, 05:46 PM   #3
rvcycleguy
TrailManor Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillbillyhotel View Post
HI YAS
knowing about rv's is a grt help,
imo there is only about 8 to 10 items that are tm specific, the rest is the same as used on other trailers
may need to think about the seals on the thedford also,it is something you do not see in the a.s.
One more "s" on the end of your sentence there and that would be very telling about the Thetford....haha.

I got my TM after it sat for several years, parked in a covered carport. The PO's wife passed away and the gentleman stopped using the TM. He had bought it new in 2002. Tires were done and I greased the wheels. Plugged it in and everything has worked since 2010. As you stated, the only real issue is critter,varmints, rodents. Ants can be intrusive as well. They love electrical wiring. Wasps can make themselves home in the WH, refridgerator compartment door areas on the exterior. Be careful when you open them suddenly. Pour some bleach water in the holding tanks, fill, then dump and refill. The seal bags for the TM may have become hard. Soften them up with a bleach cream cleaner like a Soft Scrub. The Dutch door seal on the inside, black weatherstrip can be brittle. It will leave marks on the exterior of the TM as you lift the roofs. I open the top half of the door and lock it in place wth the latch before I open the roof. Saves me from cleaning the swirl mark.

TM-2002 3124KB
TV-2003 Toyota Tundra V8 4.7L. Fact. Tow Pkg, air bags
2006 Suzuki Boulevard C50c Motorcycle- crashed- parted out
1956 Royal Enfield Bullet 500 Motorcycle-sold
2006 Harley Road King
rvcycleguy is offline   Reply With Quote