View Single Post
Old 09-15-2013, 10:48 PM   #5
TM Pilot

Woodlandcottage,

I viewed that very 2009 TM2619 a few weeks ago. http://denver.craigslist.org/rvs/3971822915.html

I ended up passing on that unit and getting a 2007 TM 2619 that was located down in Midland, TX. My impression was that his 2009 TM2619 looked too worn for its age (my 2007 is in significantly better condition that his 2009 - so much so that I drove 1250 miles round trip to get it!). While I'm not suggesting that it's a lemon, it needed more TLC than what my wife and I have time for right now (and he didn't even have it set up to demonstrate to me that all the various systems were working!). He still owes a lot of money on the trailer and thus it has a lien. Then there were all his mods...

Used TM's for sale in good condition don't last long in CO. His has been on craigslist since July. There are reasons for that. Another question is why the unit is not on consignment with Car Show Inc.?

I recommend you go back and ask him to park the unit on level ground and demonstrate ALL systems before you offer a price. Then get specific about how you both are going to work out paying off his loan and releasing the lien in a way that can't burn you. You may find that after another run-through that what you are willing to offer is less than what he owes - especially if you're considering dropping the generator from the deal. Perhaps you should simply offer to take over his payments with generator included? Every month his unit is on craigslist is another payment he has to make.

Let us know what happens.
Thetford SmartTote 18LX
-------------------------------------------------------
2005 F150 5.4l 3V Triton V8; Maxxis Bravo H/T-770
Tekonsha Prodigy Brake Controller
RideControl by Air Lift
TM Pilot is offline   Reply With Quote