View Single Post
Old 09-17-2006, 04:41 PM   #8
fcatwo
Site Sponsor

My beliefs in 50/50 weight distribution is based on 3 yrs and 20,000mi of towing a 2619 with a Honda Odyssey set up that way and having "0" sway or other problems. 50/50 is secondary however to my belief that your TV needs to be set up based on how it is loaded rather than by following some set formula. Some TM owners have HD pickups that do just fine without a WDH because pickups are forward-weighted when built and they are balanced when their beds are loaded -- they also have HD rear springs. Should one of them decide to carry a 12-1500lb 4-wheeler along in their truck when camping they may need to re-think whether they need a WDH for their TM -- (their truck now has closer to equal weight front and back rather than being 7-800lbs heavier on the front).

My earlier comment about adjusting your WDH was based on the assumption that only two or three people would be riding in the Sedona. If you plan to travel with all 7 or 8 seats occupied you will already be close to equal weight front and rear before adding the TM and should hitch accordingly.
fcatwo is offline   Reply With Quote