View Single Post
Old 09-17-2006, 02:25 AM   #7
rickst29
yes, they hunt lions.

Default I'll second Frank...

You definitely need BOTH propane tanks AND the battery. Your Sedona's tires can handle the weight, your nice hitch can handle the weight.... so put it there!

As Frank points out, if you've removed the rear seat, then it's probably a good idea to use a link less than "normal" on the WDH: your TV rear end is already somewhat floating before you even start. I think he's probably taking it a bit too far to say that a 50/50 split would be "ideal"--- Kia didn't design the Sedona's suspension and brakes to run that way. But somewhat more on the rear is key to solving your problem, and keeping the front end of the TM firmly DOWN via adequate tongue weight is the other key.

I have a slightly unrelated recommendation for towing with the Sedona: Set the Tranny in 4th, don't let it shift to Overdrive. Even with a tranny cooler, you're likely to have lots of slippage in 5th, and that's a bad thing to have when towing (creating unnecessary stress on the tranny gears, wasting engine power, grinding the clutches). A couple extra bucks worth of gas, keeping it in 4th at slightly higher RPMs, is a good trade. A "locked" tranny is a much happier tranny!

It's possible that you'd be getting worse gas mileage in OD anyway-- the slippage wasting more power than the higher RPM "spinning" of the lower gear.