View Single Post
Old 09-15-2006, 09:53 PM   #2
skcerny

Hello there!,

I see you're an east sider! We live in Wixom and have two kids and two greys!!

We have an '05 3023 that we pulled last year with a '05 Dodge Grand Caravan with a factory tow package. The factory package includes all the heavy duty coolers and load leveling. We used the Equalizer WDH and it pulled the TM with no problem here in Michigan as well as our trip to the Smoky Mountains with no problems. Felt like we were pushing on the bigger hills though.

Does your Kia have a factory tow package on it? What type of rear suspension do you have? Could that be beefed up? How are the tires? I'm no means an expert so I'll let those who know more comment on other suggestions.

I will say this though, this year we're pulling the TM with a Mercury Mountaineer with the V8 and factory tow package and it pulled the trailer easily. I took the truck and the trailer along with the family and the two greys to a weigh station and with a full tank of gas, no water, four bikes (2 kids and 2 adults) and all of our gear, the TM registered 4,140 lbs. We had clothes for a week and since we were returning home, most of the food was gone.

Are you by chance heading up to Frankenmuth next weekend for the Trailblazer rally at Jelly Stone?

Regards,

Steve, Kelley, Morgan & Trent
Pebbles, Major