View Single Post
Old 07-17-2011, 12:37 PM   #19
ZekenSpider
TrailManor Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvmymanor1 View Post
other than tire air does it display tire temps?
I will add my two cents to the TST experience.

I agree with all that has been said but suggest the valve stem units be checked for tightness every few hundred miles. More than once I have lost pressure (I could see it on the monitor so I knew which tire it was. Remember I have 5 tires to watch). The stem units come with a little wrench and it is important to keep it handy.

I remove them whenever I put the TM in storage for a month or so (to save battery life) and once I used LockTite tape to keep them from backing off(that was a real mess so I won't do it again).

TST says over tightening is a potential problem and they suggested teflon tape to help seal the stem joint. I tried that once but it too was a mess to remove all the little tape threads after the trip.

Nothing is easy is it. The monitor helps ease my worries on a long trip. Often I don't use it for short (100 mile) trips.

In Arizona I usually see pressures rise to about 80 psi (from 65) as the tire temperature increases from 90 to 115 degrees. Road speed is never over 65 mph (with minor exceptions). Pressures and temperatures drop as we climb into the mountains.

For what it's worth.

Jerry
ZekenSpider is offline   Reply With Quote