View Single Post
Old 07-17-2011, 10:35 AM   #14
ZekenSpider
TrailManor Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvmymanor1 View Post

goodyear marathons 14" cold pressure at 50 psi

Dave
Sorry to hear of your troubles. I hope things are getting better.

I agree with most of the information you have already received from other TMF members.

I must add "keep your Marathons at maximum rated pressure(cold)" even if you want a softer ride or believe you are not carrying the max load.

My Marathon dealer advises they will be less likely to fail if they flex less. He wants me to keep mine (15") at 65 psi cold at all times.

I do not know what your 14" Marathon sidewall pressure statement is but I do know that my 15" Marathon sidewall pressure statement is 65 psi.

Our 2010 3326K came with four 15" wheels (TM changed from 14" wheels in mid 2009). Since I have two axles, even the original 14" wheels provided a good safety factor, but I'm glad to have the extra capacity. It means even less flexing of the sidewalls.

The tires are date coded 1409 (14th week of 2009) but I'm a little concerned about an upcoming 6000 mile trip this September. The tires will be 2.5 years old and are stored in the Arizona heat. I'm looking at $700 to change all five. Still not sure what I'll do. One thing for sure is I'll add the sewer line protection mod (heavy mud flap) behind the drivers side rear tire to reduce the possible damage to the plumbing if that tire blows.

Hope you can enjoy the rest of your trip. Best of luck.

Jerry
ZekenSpider is offline   Reply With Quote