View Single Post
Old 09-25-2007, 01:36 PM   #16
rickst29
yes, they hunt lions.

Red face I don't like it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karen1234 View Post
My husband and I are considering to buy a 3326 King trailmanor and we plan to tow it with our 03 4Runner V8 4.7L, but from what I've read could this even be possible to do? Anyone with information or threads to where I can find information, please send them my way.
The best place to read is this one,
http://www.trailmanorowners.com/foru...ead.php?t=5966

from #9 on onwards. Your 4R almost certainly has enough torque and power (the post-2004 drivetrains definitely do), but the wheelbase is VERY SHORT for such a big trailer.

On the other hand, the 3326 has a bit less risk of dangerous "tail wagging the dog" than the 3124 which Rich owns-- because it has two axles, and that tends to increase the direction stability (in comparison to the single-axled 3124). Rich got a Sequoia, he and I feel a lot better about that choice.

I wouldn't do it (4R towing 3326). Everyone in the forum knows me to be among the most CHICKEN of TM owners on this issue, and maybe you could get away with it. But remember-- every year, 10x more Americans die in vehicle accidents than have died in the entire Iraq war. Hardly any of these people understood just how dangerous driving really is, not until AFTER they found themselves looking "down" at us from Heaven.