View Single Post
Old 04-11-2002, 07:09 AM   #9
Bruce

Default Re: Routing of TV cable

I wanted a tv antenna connection on the outside curb side of our TM next to the 12v outlet I installed so we could watch tv outdoors or listen to a distant NPR station by hooking the amplified antenna to our fm radio.
  I went to the back of the antenna outlet box and found two male coax connectors. One of these is amplified and one is not. I used the tv to determine which one was the amplified connector, hooked up a short length of coax cable and ran it through the floor next to the incoming coax. It hangs down about 5" under the trailer. I used female connections on both ends and then screwed in a male splicer on the outside end which allows me to plug in the cable to the tv or radio.
  For the radio, which we use much more than the tv, I use a 75 to 300 ohm adapter with a splitter for the fm signal and a short length of 300 ohm lead in wire on the fm output with 2 alligator clips on the other end. By attaching the alligator clips to the antenna on the radio we get much improved fm reception.  
  I think (but am not sure) you could run your satellite or cable in the same way by using the non amplified connection on the back of the box.

Bruce Martin
Orlando, Fl