View Single Post
Old 06-09-2020, 10:42 PM   #6
cire74

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larryjb View Post
I don't have a swing hitch, so I was guessing. It sounds like you'd have 18' to work with.

Don't forget that the trailer is a good 8' wide which will affect your ability to swing into the single car spot.

A crazy idea, but what about putting it on car dollies and pushing it sideways with the explorer? Is your mover powered? (I don't see how you could move the trailer without power anyway )
The mover is not powered but my wife and I should be able to move it. I used to move the boat on the trailer by myself and maneuver it into the garage. I will most likely invest in a powered mover if I can find a used one at a decent price.

Funny you mentioned the dollies. I previously researched that and the consensus from everything I read on different trailer forums is that the dollies don't really work well, as in they don't roll in the direction you expect them to with the castering wheels. It also requires jacking up the trailer on both sides. It would be awesome to be able to push it sideways. If anyone as successfully done this without the dollies breaking please give me some advice.

Now that I have an adequate TV i'd like to get the biggest TM I can fit in the garage. If I go too big and it has to take up two spots in the garage because I miscalculated, I will never heard the end of it from DW.
cire74 is offline   Reply With Quote