View Single Post
Old 04-10-2017, 09:33 PM   #6
Casey Freswick

Default Lift kit finished today

Ordered from trailmanor and received a 2" (and 1/2) lift and put on this morning. Every thing is back together. Now gettin ready to buy new tires and wheels. There were no track welds on 2720 SL 2003. Took off the 4 bolts holding the axel to the frame (by far the hardest part of the job). Put undercoating paint on the 2 inch by 2 inch steel square lifters (about a foot long). Oh, when the last bold came out the tension in the torque apparatus (in place of springs) caused the axel to twist, I did not think of this and I am under the trailer on my creeper. The axel slowly twisted to around so the top was on the bottom. But it first twists on my, I was happy it was not a 12,000 axel, would not have been able to lift that off, but since it was light enough, I just eased it down. Would have been very difficult to lift back up, but I have a 4 ton floor jack put in the middle of the axel, and lifted it right up into place (after I had raised the trailer 3 more inches. When the jack raised the axel, it twisted back into place. It really was not that hard, but I would put the jack under the axel first next time(there will be no next time, I hope). Now all I need is my new tire and wheels. Need those because my 2003 trainer has 2002 tires. Will upgrade to 15 inch tires and wheels.
Casey Freswick is offline   Reply With Quote