View Single Post
Old 03-13-2023, 08:24 AM   #8
rickst29
yes, they hunt lions.

Default My 2619 has batteries in that couch.

My MPPT is mounted on the lower front wall, but our situations are otherwise similar.

I brought my front-shell mounted solar wires down along the street side forward lift arm, with a bit of extra length at the bottom to allow for lifting and lowering the shells.(Just like TM does on the other lift arm, for the air conditioner cord and upper shell lighting wire). You can simply go down the curb side lift arm, ending very near your storage bench.

I then route the wires through the large frame holes which contain the torsion bars, and I used use a couple of screwed in wire clamps to hold the wires against the floor before reaching a hole (or two small ones), drilled through the floor to allow for their entry.

Be extremely careful drilling those holes, because the propane supply pipe for the stove is in the same area. I recommend that you drill from underneath, rather than above.

After pulling the solar wire ends, add fast-acting fuses on both leads. MPPT should already be connected to the battery first (and the battery connection powers the MPPT), only then connect solar "-" and finally connect solar "+". You must not leave solar connected if you disconnect the battery from the MPPT, the Solar "+" must always be disconnected first and connected last. You could use a 120V switch for that, although I'd use a heavy-duty switch (rated for 20A at 120V AC, rather than just 15A).

I assume that your batteries, if lead-acid, are within a tight and vented box. My own batteries are LFP, (they don't need venting) and never leave the Trailer. My TM is stored in the garage, and always plugged in, so I never worry about running the batteries down.