View Single Post
Old 06-02-2005, 08:15 PM   #1
genesc

Default Norcold Refrigerator recall (model N300.3rh)

I have a problem with my Norcold refrigerator (Model N300.3rh) in my 2005 3326King TM. The gas flame would not light and the flame meter would move to the green and return to the white. I took it to an RV dealer who is also a Norcold Service Center. The mechanic moved the thermocouple one quarter of an inch and then held the gas safety valve button for one minute, while pushing the piezo lighter. That lit the gas flame. The mechanic said that the Norcold lighting instructions are wrong. You should hold the gas safety valve for one minuite. I was told that there would be a service charge for this. I said that it should be covered under warranty. The service manager proceded to call Norcold to check if this work was under warranty. After the service manager finished talking with Norcold, he was told that this model Norcold has a recall on this model. It has something to do with replacing the harness of the flame meter. I was not charged. Most newer TrailManors have this model N300.3rh refrigerator. I would suggest that if you have this refrigerator that you call Norcold. 1-800-543-1219 or www.norcold.com. Norcold has other refrigerators recalls listed on their web site, but does not show this one. This is their latest recall.

genesc
2005 3326 King
2002 Oldsmobile Bravada