Thread: Gas Struts
View Single Post
Old 03-29-2023, 08:10 AM   #46
rickst29
yes, they hunt lions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kidkraz View Post
Years back a gentleman who was on the forum came up with his own device to help open the TM. I think he either left on his own accord or was asked to leave. Regardless, the link is to his site on easy opening. It says he's on the FB TM page. Just adding my nickel to the chat.

https://www.trickmytrailmanor.com/exterior/
Nice catch, that's a very smart and powerful solution to the problem. The resulting forces are similar to Bill's earlier scheme, and highly effective - you have the lifting power only when you need to have it, avoiding unwanted lifting power when closing up for travel and trying to push down the last inch or to, in order to hook the lift bars and shell ends. (Both my gas struts and better torsion bars fight against you when you're trying to close.)

But he did A LOT of work , building that "winch mount plate" with the tilting arm assembly, and it is something additional to carry around within the truck.