Thread: Durability.
View Single Post
Old 08-03-2007, 08:08 AM   #11
Bill & Lisa

Just thought I would throw in an "additional" perspective on durability since I have now owned my SOB for almost 5 months. As we were breaking camp last weekend I notice that one of the screws holding the wheel well skirt was backed out almost to the point of falling out!

Considering that my unit is NOT branded as a lightweight trailer and the amount of money that I paid for it (more than my old TM for sure) I was highly incensed

Calls to the dealer and the manufacturer both had surprisingly similar results. They claim that periodocly I am expected to go around and tighten up screws and nuts and bolts as vibrations induced in the unit during travel down the road will cause screws, nuts, and bolts to loosen. They stressed the issue was not an "IF" or "MAY" issue but a "WHEN" issue - it was guaranteed to happen.

I don't have to do this at my stick house! Guess my SOB isn't "durable" by those standards. Guess if I want to enjoy this level of comfort on the road I will have to adjust my standards and come up with a schedule to go around and tighten things. Never had this problem with a tent but given the choice I will go around and tighten my loose screws .

Hopefully all caught the tongue in cheek tone of this post and can appreciate a little bit of levity! If not, you need to go out camping soon and relax!

Have fun,
Bill