View Single Post
Old 04-16-2011, 04:10 PM   #26
T and C
TrailManor Master

Default Nitrogen experience

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitbull View Post
Nitrogen is not a scam (been around a long time), it's just not practical for passenger cars. There are two main advantages to nitrogen; optimal pressure will be maintained four times longer and there will be less pressure fluctuation when there is a temp change. Remember with air you will lose 1lb a month no matter what and 1lb for every 10 degrees. Nitrogen can be effective for commercial vehicles, aircraft, motorcycles, some racing applications and in some special applications like trailers.

My personal feelings are; if you can get it for free, use it. If you have to pay for it, I would pass.
Koz
I took my 3023 out to Tucson in January of this year. Before leaving I made sure the tires had 65 psi cold. Its about 450 miles each way from where I live.

This week the DW and I took a couple of grandkids camping at Mission Bay in San Diego. Before hooking up I checked the tire pressures. 65 psi cold after sitting in the driveway for 10 weeks.

I had nitrogen put in the tires when I bought them in August 2010. I cannot say how big the molecules are or how fast they can leak out of the tires. All I know is that over a two month period and 1000 or so miles...no change in pressure in my tires.

Tom

TV 2010 F-150 4.6, factory tow pkg, air bags
T and C is offline   Reply With Quote