View Single Post
Old 04-15-2011, 06:03 PM   #22
Redhawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitbull View Post
This test was done several years ago and both Mobile 1 and Amsoil have been reformulated several times, since. Also the Amsoil that was used in their test is not their best oil. Their 0w-30 is their premium oil. For the record Mobile 1 is very good oil and up a certain amount of miles it is as good as any boutique oil like Amsoil. UOAs have proved that Amsoil is the best oil for extended oil change intervals (OCI). As a matter of fact, I used Amsoil (0w-30) in my previous TV with an oil bypass system and I didn’t change the oil for over 40,000 miles (changed a filter once a year) and it was still providing safe protection and stayed in the original viscosity range (UOAs once a year).

Koz
Very interesting, and good info. I'm not sure why, but I enjoy this kind of discussion and reading about others experiences with different oils and fuels. From personal experience, I used Mobile 1 in my Subaru, changed it every 5000 miles and at 196,000 miles, it still didn't use a drop of oil and ran like a top. Was it the oil? Maybe, I don't know, could have helped I guess, so why take chances.