View Single Post
Old 06-15-2023, 09:21 AM   #1
Deb Mac
Site Sponsor

Default Scotchlok connectors in the hardware baggie with your new brake assembly

Just to save anyone from having to google (found an old thread from '04 I think, but the image link was broken) I thought I would just stick a new mention in here as an FYI. Maybe there's someone else that didn't know what they were.

I am about to install my new brakes on the TM. And in the hardware baggie there are these 2 little ??? Had to do a little googling and found a mention on another site of "new IDC's that come with your new Lippert brake assembly". What?? Continued Googling and found them. Insulation displacement connectors. Gel-filled - keeps the water out.

Any opinions on these? Anyone used them in their brake install? Not a lot of wire surface contact, but since these are really low current circuits, might not be a huge problem. And also curious how secure they are? What would it take to pull a wire out? Wondering if the wire nuts (that are there now and haven't failed at all) maybe with some dielectric grease for moisture protection, might be more secure. Mine have been on there for 15 years and things still look good. I'm tempted to go with, if it ain't broke, don't fix it...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	32EX11_AS01.jpg
Views:	97
Size:	35.7 KB
ID:	22170