View Single Post
Old 08-31-2013, 07:49 PM   #1
DEarle
Site Sponsor

Question Traveling Without Reservations

Greetings, DW and I bought a 2008 2720SL last month. We are getting it ready for Our first 16 day journey in October. No real maintenance appears necessary, however I'll be checking age of tires before we leave. The forum has been helpful as we are doing the shower curtain mods, used suspenders to hold the sheets on the mattress and I am in the process of replacing the florescent tubes with LED lighting (will attempt to make LED adapters for the auto style bulbs). Also adding the wall mounts for The 23 in flat screen TV. We've done a couple of nights in the driveway and are comfortable with the stock mattress.

Main question is: we typically travel free style meaning we stop when we get tired and find a motel for the night (only one time in 20 years have we not found a vacancy). Will this work with Campgrounds? We will be leaving East Texas heading to Carlsbad New Mexico. From there into Arizona, up to Utah (longest layovers), through Wyoming, down Colorado and back into Texas.

We are thinking (hoping) we'll miss most of the summer and winter travelers in October, but this is all new to us with the TM. Is Walmart still friendly to camping on their parking lots? Advice?
DEarle is offline   Reply With Quote