View Single Post
Old 04-20-2021, 11:45 AM   #6
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine

Good inputs, folks,and thanks. I would welcome more.

Shane, that's a nice-looking unit. The price is a bit high for me, especially since I would need to buy another phone as you did. But the inclusion of a repeater makes it tempting.

Tony, the price is certainly right. My concern is that a unit specified for motorcycles has to operate over only a very short distance. I know some of our discussions here on the Forum have been from disappointed buyers who discovered that a repeater is needed - if one even exists.

Dave, $333 is a bit out of my price range, but it iooks like a nice unit from a reputable mfr.

-----------------------

I have uncovered a new possibility. The Schrader SCHRFK4S is a 4-sensor system, and the senors are mounted inside the tire - something I hadn't considered. This makes checking and adjusting tire pressure a snap, since there is no need to unscrew the sensor. It is a bit pricey at $150, but I think Schrader is a good brand, and my local tire shop (Discount Tire) will get it for me and install it for $15 per tire. They guarantee that it doesn't need a repeater, and will guarantee its operation as part of the transaction. We'll see.

https://highskyrvparts.com/rv-parts/...t-kit-schrfk4s

I would still welcome your inputs.

Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote