Thread: sway control
View Single Post
Old 10-14-2010, 04:03 PM   #3
Wavery
TrailManor Master

I tow my 2720 with an '06 Silverado 1500, extra cab & 8' bed...157" WB..... Absolutely no sway issues (even in strong cross-winds).

I choose not to use a WDH because of the weight that is added to the trailer axle. That's a personal choice......if I had 15" tires, I would use a WDH.. However, I did install air bags because I have a 200# camper shell and carry a lot of gear & firewood in the truck.

Before you purchase, be sure to check out every appliance (A/C, stove, inverter, furnace, water heater, fridge (on gas & both elect systems) and so on. Look for water stains on the walls and around the A/C unit (indication of leaks). Check the date code on all 3 tires. If they are over 4-years-old, consider changing them. Check the battery(s) and date, consider changing if over 3-years-old.

I think that TM has an excellent system for mounting the A/C unit on a riser. That keeps water from pooling around the A/C unit. I doubt the seal is an issue. If it does leak, it's a 1-hour job to change the seal.........minor issue........not to be concerned about.