View Single Post
Old 09-09-2013, 09:09 PM   #7
LoveToCamp
TrailManor Master

woodland - Don't get hung-up on a price as a % of original list. Each unit has been cared-for differently, and that is what you should be looking at. Value.

I looked at two different 2009 units in the last few months. One showed a little wear, and the other showed lots of wear. That is what I would look at, much more than % or original price. I wouldn't touch one of them with your money, even if it was below your perceived price-point for that year. The other was a good deal, and it was very close to NADA. Coincidence that it was close to NADA.

Right now, there may be a few units available that you are interested in. Next month, maybe not. The ones that are priced right will likely move quickly, as there seems to be more interest in TM trailers. If you watch the For Sale section of this forum, most units don't seem to last long, if they are in good condition. The ones that show their age seem to be around longer.

Opportunity doesn't knock very often. If you see a unit that is clean nad everything works properly, it could be a good value, even if it is 10% above the value-curve you are using. Don't get too hung-up on ratios. Paralysis by analysis, and you may miss your best value while analyzing.
LoveToCamp is offline   Reply With Quote