View Single Post
Old 09-09-2013, 12:18 PM   #3
rvcycleguy
TrailManor Master

Hmmmm. Well, where do I start... Example, I've got a 2002, 3124KB that isn't falling apart. I paid $8k for it in 2009. If I tried to sell it today, I would ask about the same. Probably settle for $7k. In 4 years, I would have "lost" a grand? No, I used it. That use is worth something, Right? How do you calculate FUN? Camping, family time, adventure, off the beaten path, priceless...

Now, that being said, when using a guide, I don't add in any options to the base value. I assume they will be on it. Awning, AC, jacks, furnace, those are standard items in my book, in my part of the USA. I'm not paying the seller for things he already paid for. His loss, my gain. And they are used items as well. Yes, RV's will depreciate in major way. More than any other vehicle or unit. We all know that. It's not a surprise. One of the reasons TM does not sell that many new ones. Too pricey for most folks. They can get a used one for 1/2 price with less than 3 years of seldom use. That because there are many RVers who trade up. Same for medium size motorcycles. Low mileage, new money is depreciated out and good deal for a buyer.

Most RVs will settle into a value after a few years. A value that will stay with the unit for many years considering its in good condition, not falling apart, clean, does not show it's age. They are practical, ease to tow, sleeps a family well and most casual RVers wouldn't know what year a TM was if it was sitting next to them. It's not like a car when the 2014s come out and make last year obsolete.

TM-2002 3124KB
TV-2003 Toyota Tundra V8 4.7L. Fact. Tow Pkg, air bags
2006 Suzuki Boulevard C50c Motorcycle- crashed- parted out
1956 Royal Enfield Bullet 500 Motorcycle-sold
2006 Harley Road King
rvcycleguy is offline   Reply With Quote