Thread: Cell Phone Help
View Single Post
Old 01-16-2005, 09:53 AM   #8
Larry_Loo

Question Am I the only one who's had poor Verizon service?

During the 2 years during which I suffered whenever placing a cellular call via Verizon, I encountered a great deal of static, echoing and frequent disconnections - during one 20 minute conversation, for example, I was disconnected 3 or 4 times. Perhaps Verizon's poor service is unique to our Central Valley of California. Since switching to A.T.&T. a little over a year ago, I've had clear and uninterrupted calls. However, I've found it difficult to input numbers into the memory of my freebie Erickson phone. Recently when asking for a new phone at our local Cingular-A.T.&T. office, I was told that A.T.&T. no longer makes new phones available every year for its customers. Only the Cingular side does for customers with Cingular plans. Of course, it would cost me an additional $40 a month for Cingular to provide me with the same number of minutes that A.T.&T. currently does! I haven't done any traveling since Cingular took over A.T.&T. wireless so am unaware if the latter's out-of-area service has deteriorated - as YWORRYDOG stated. I'm currently weighing my options: stick with A.T.&T. Wireless and purchase another phone (through eBay or a used phone dealer) that is A.T.&T. compatible or is "unlocked" (whatever this means?) or try to break my contract with A.T.&T. if I can find some clause they've violated as a result of the takeover.