Thread: unhitching
View Single Post
Old 08-22-2019, 12:26 PM   #4
rickst29
yes, they hunt lions.

Talking Buy more stackers. Then do it my way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kncparks View Post
Hi again friends!
Sorry for so many questions. We have a 2720 and an F150 supercrew. When we want to level front to back and the back is "high," we put stackers under our wheel to level. But then we are unable to get the hitch off of the ball.
Klpauba has a lot of really cool things, making me jealous. But if you need to do everything by hand, as I do, the proceed as follows:

#1: back into optimal site location.

#2: set 4 wheel chocks on the Trailer tires (both sides of each tire).

#3: raising the hitch coupler a bit, now disconnect the TV and pull the TV forwards.

#4: I next *LOWER* the front (relative to the rear) by shortening the hitch wheel. (In the situation you described, this is already done, because of the campsite). I now lift and clip in the front shell, with gravity helping.

#5: With the TM rear still high, I "increase" the height of rear TM levelers so that they will reach the ground in a level position, with at least one "stacker" underneath each one. They are hanging in free air at the moment.

#6: I now raise the front by using the hitch lift on it's wheel, with at least one stacker underneath. This sets the rear TM levelers on to their "stackers". I go a bit past level, making it easy to open the rear shell. I lift and clip the rear shell, with gravity assistance.

#7: I now lower the front TM levelers, so that they nearly reach the ground - with at least one "stacker" under each one. (As before, they are hanging with a bit of free air above their stackers, because the front of TM is resting on the hitch lift wheel).

#8: I now lower the hitch, so that the front TM levelers are set on their stackers and the hitch lift wheel has been pulled up into free air. I stow the hitch wheel in the TV, and do "final" TM leveling with the hand crank.