View Single Post
Old 12-14-2010, 07:47 AM   #32
brulaz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shandysplace View Post
How would you compare this treatment to a professionally applied coat of high quality wax? Since the surface you applied the topdeck to is not fiberglass, would there be a concern of any negative affects between the topdeck and that surface?

We had serious moisture issues with our 3326 last winter after many consecutive days of rain under an ADCO cover. We decided to go w/o a cover on our Elkmont for this reason. Your solution is interesting. We thought of having the roof waxed each Spring and waxing the rest of the trailer ourselves each year.
My main concern was to protect the plastic sheet (factory roof repair) from UV. Like Wayne says, white paint has to be better than wax.

As for negative effects, ... we'll just have to wait and see. My main concern right now is that it'll not stick and start peeling because I went the cheap route.

There's a lot of other plastic strips and bits (like the roof vents) that will probably deteriorate with age because of UV. But they would be a lot easier to repair/replace than this big, glued-down, plastic panel. Of course the Al panels should be impervious to UV.

Guess UV protection and cleanliness are some of the main reasons for the ADCO covers? We don't have one and for now just plan to leave the trailer out and keep it clean. Waxing everything seems like a good idea that might very well help with both concerns.