View Single Post
Old 01-03-2005, 11:26 AM   #9
BobRederick

Default WDH & TV loading

Mountaincamper

I would like to have this spreadsheet to help understand the loading on my '04 3326KS as well as on my GMC Envoy. Is there any possibility of making it generic for all TMs? We could type in our ratings off the plackard.

I have the additional problem that no one has been able to tell me how to set up the WDH on my Envoy which is equipped with load leveling airbag rear suspension. Talk about a mystery... everytime you change something the compressor kicks in and re-levels the truck. The original dealer had so much weight on my front tires that he ruined a 17 inch Michlin towing it home (2000 miles). For instructions on WDH setup, GMC points to trailer dealers, dealers point to hitch makers and hitch makers say to -- didn't even bother to ask. So best I can think of would be to measure weights on each tire as described above. A spreadsheet would be beneficial in the meantime. I didn't even consider additional weight on the TM due to the WDH.

My fix was to loosen the hitch chain 1 link (now hooked at the 3rd link). Everything seems a lot better now, but I am still really not sure if it is set up correctly. With this setup, attaching the TM lowers the front 3/8 inch and the rear is unchanged. It is also quite easy to load the chains. I lower the TM onto the ball to just touch it. Then close the hitch and load the chains. I don't have to lift the TV as before. Works great.

I talked to Ed Lytl at TM Cust Support and he told me the axles on my 3326 were good for 3500# each. That makes 7000# total axle capacity. Trailer ratings on the plackard are GVWR=4916, GAWR=3500, UVW=3870#. Tires are 14 inch Marithon 75R14.

I'm very puzzled.

Bob