View Single Post
Old 04-12-2008, 07:56 PM   #2
Bluegrass

Don't feel bound to the closest dealership. Once you know EXACTLY which options you want on your trailer, call two or three other dealers that are nearest and ask for a quote. That will give you leverage.

In my case (I'm in Utah) I called dealers in S. California, Utah, and Colorado to get prices on my configuration. It is not unusual for dealers to sell over the phone and ship the trailer or for you to drive a bit to get it. In any case, getting several dealer prices will help you negotiate with your local dealer. My experience is that you should get at least 15% off MSRP and depending on how much you want to haggle, may get between that and 20%. You can haggle over their transportation cost. Tax and License on top of that.

Shop banks and credit unions yourself for financing rather than relying on dealers. If you have a good credit score, you'll do better.

"Panel at the sofa" is a cloth covering on the "wall" beneath the front bed that the sofas butt up against.

Microwave counter & drawer is a tad pricey for what it is. It simply makes the counter beside the hanging locker the same height as the counter next to the stove. I got one but it certainly isn't necessary and can be added later.

Good luck and keep us posted.