View Single Post
Old 02-21-2012, 08:33 AM   #8
TravlinOn

When I was much younger and tent camping in the Smokies, I met a retired couple who routinely RV’d in the Smokies in the Summer months and then routinely parked in Florida for the Winter months. I later learned that the Cherokee Indians also did that in their early history – some of their early trails apparently came all the way down to the West Palm Beach area – very smart people!

Now, we too would love to live aboard the TM for the most part, but like Kokilo mentioned above, illnesses and health maintenance requirements become nagging concerns for many persons’ retirement years at some point. We have found what we think are excellent doctors and health facilities in our local area. Having to go to a “doc in a box” somewhere is something we like to avoid.

Perhaps, the best approach is to rent a large storage unit in your current local area, put a generator in it along with tools for maintenance, and find a nice local campground for whenever it might be needed for health and RV maintenance? Then, whenever all goes well, go far! Perhaps we’ll meet you along the way.