View Single Post
Old 02-20-2012, 04:11 PM   #5
PopBeavers

From early may through the end of October, when we are camping we spend most of the time outside. My wife and I sleep in the TM. Meal preparation and cooking is sometimes performed inside and sometimes outside.

I have heard rumors that some people live in places where it rains a little between May and Halloween. Assuming that to be true then I can see some desire for more indoor space. We don't live there so I don't know for sure.

fwiw, ever since 1986 it has never rained at my house in San Jose, CA. November is the start of the rainy season.

A lot of fulltimers go to Quartzite for the winter:

Every January something happens that is hard to believe, unless you have seen it! According to the Arizona Highway Department, as many as 750,000 to 1,000,000 people, mostly in RV’s, converge on this sleepy little desert town, located just 20 miles east of the California border on Interstate 10, for the rock, gem and mineral shows, plus numerous flea markets and the Quartzsite Sports, Vacation & RV Show. This phenomenon started over 40 years ago and is now billed as “The Largest Gathering Of RVers in the World”...