View Single Post
Old 02-09-2008, 11:00 AM   #4
SCBillandJane

I guess I should have given you more information. I am new at this. We are tent campers and have no experience with RVs. We think that we have found "our" Trailmanor, and it is one of the larger ones that come with 15 inch tires. We are going to look at it next weekend and it is about 500 miles away. The Trailmanor is 5 years old with the original Marathon tires. The trailer has not been used for 2 years due to the owners illness. Without this excellent forum, we wouldn't have been cautious about new looking 5 year old tires. We would rather buy new tires than have an "adventure" on the way home. I don't know the difference between LT and ST other than they would have to carry the same weight. I have had 225-75R15 LT sets of tires on a van and had no tire problems for 150,000 miles. I guess that they still make LT tires in that size. Are LT tires a good choice? I guess that that I am bothered that the jury is still out on the 15 inch Marathons especially with the damage that a blowout can cause, however, if that is the best advice at this time, new Marathons will be on the trailer.
SCBillandJane is offline   Reply With Quote