View Single Post
Old 03-24-2023, 01:11 PM   #6
Househunterlives

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill View Post
I am truly impressed with the results you got with cleaning the roof (your picture #4). Can you give us a few more words about how you did that particular task? I'm nervous about pressure-washing the roof. Too many caulked seams up there, just waiting to leak if the caulk is blasted loose.

Bill
Of course there is always risk when you wash anything by hand. Let alone pressure wash it. Its always a good rule to go back over your seams with caulk or inspect them. Not knowing the history of this unit I'll be caulking the seams. A camper is a rolling earthquake. Always shaking itself to death. So depending on how often you use it depends on how often you should re-caulk.
I first sprayed purple power over the whole unit. Really sprayed the top down. I let is soak for about 20-30min. Went and eat lunch. Then I used my foam sprayer with Dawn dish soap loaded in it. Spray the whole thing down. Was one soapy mess. Then used a new soft bristle brush I purchase from the Home D. Wet the brush and scrub the top. You have to keep rinsing off the brush while working the soap. That is key. Keep rinsing the brush and get the brush wet wet. Wash the side down. Then I used a 45degree nozzle on the pressure washer. I have a 1700psi electric washer from Harbor Freight. If you use a gas power more powerful washer. Be careful. My pressure unit is just enough to not hurt anything. Rinse the top off by blasting water. Then you can start getting closer to the surface. By spraying closer you can get the rough tuff spots off. Now just have to detail the lights. Take them apart and clean the lenses inside. I also want to replace the bulbs with LED's.
Househunterlives is offline   Reply With Quote