View Single Post
Old 04-08-2019, 08:40 AM   #1
FlyboyTR

Default Joining The TM Family...

We have been trying to learn as much as possible about the TM...to the point of making a reasonable purchase decision. We have looked at several but are headed to FL later this week to purchase an 07 2720SL for $6,500 (pending inspection). Three new tires last year, wheel covers/fenders missing. Everything else is reported to be in great working condition. It looks good with the exception of some carpet staining (hopefully not hard to clear or replace.

I've been reading about the recirculating toilet...interesting... We use the GEO method in our motorhome and travel trailer. No odors, no problems and has served us well. I am hoping the Thetford toilet will work out the same.

I will be towing it home without WDH or sway control. Our Lexus GX470 is lifted, very stable (tows our 4,300 lb Surveyor fine...with WDH/Sway). So I am not expecting any issues on the return trip home.

I am continuing to read and learn...but would always welcome tips, etc for new owners of the TM.

What is the best product to clean and lube the seals on the clam-shells to reduce scuffing/wear on the exterior paint and to help promote a better and more pliable seal?

If all goes well, I will be taking delivery this Thursday, drive about a hundred miles, camp and then 600 miles back home. Hoping setup and fold up go as planned!

Thanks to all on this forum for your amazing wealth of info!
FlyboyTR is offline   Reply With Quote