View Single Post
Old 09-20-2010, 08:06 AM   #19
all4camping

Default TM for single lady

I purchased my 2006 TM2619 spring of '07 and my first REAL voyage was from Chattanooga, TN to Yellowstone, N.P. I pull with a Ford Exp Sport' 03/ 2dr and did not want to get another vehicle since this one is paid for. Of course I was camping every night until I got to Fishing Village where I was camping for a week, and the camping in a different place every night make me think about a few things: how much of an inconvenience will you consider it to set up the camper several nights in a row - depending upon how long you plan to drive beforehand and how tired you are will make a difference. I drove 8 hrs, it was summer so there was ample light (MOST times) to setup. I planned ahead (brought or had the next meal upon arrival)and did not have to disconnect from the tow so that was a plus. I was mostly just stopping to rest and sleep before the next days drive so I did not put up the cabinets, drawers, etc. that I had sitting in the floor in front of the fold down table - I ate outside OR set the stuff on counter space if I HAD to use the floor space. If not, I just crawled into bed and the break down and getting on the road the next day went very quickly. Now, I'm 52 and single so I, too, looked for the camper I could "handle on my own". I have no regrets since I was not going to purchase another tow vehicle. IF I had a larger tow vehicle (like my brother's Chevy Tahoe) I would have considered a small travel trailer for the ease of setup and getting inside upon arrival (in case of bad weather, arrival after dark whatever) BUT I love how my TM 2619 tows and I've learned to back into sites with ease and accuracy (takes practice). My brother has a 26 ft. Outback tt and really, I can set up almost as fast as he can. His biggest advantage is that he can get into his trailer anytime and can leave his refrig plugged in while not camping. I have to "pop up" to get inside and unpack a few things or at least rearrange. You can do it! It's still much easier than a traditional pop-up with canvas. I go somewhere every month. There will be some repair and adjustment issues along the way - but don't worry - between the forum folks and the manufacturer you will be fine! I love my TM 2619!

Dona Jo
TM '06 2619
TV '03 Explorer Sport,v6,2wd,:corkysm60
all4camping is offline   Reply With Quote