View Single Post
Old 08-18-2010, 12:36 PM   #15
cochise

grlewis1
Site Sponsor wrote:

Our major disappointment came, when we addressed these issues in a letter to Mr. Hulsey and never received any acknowledgment from him or the company. Therefore, we still don’t know who is responsible for quality control. Should it be the company before the unit leaves the factory, or the dealer who gets paid a reasonable fee for dealer clean up and prep charges.

I can only nod my head in total agreement with the complaint about not getting a response from Mr. Hulsey. I have sent letter to the company and never received an answer, not until I involved RVIA and the CEO of Suburban Manufacturing (the furnace people) did something happen. As far as pre-delivery prep is concerned, it all depends on where you buy. I bought from Texas RV Center (as did someone else here), and we both had the exact same problem, he 6 months after I reported it to Texas RV, so they had not learned anything from that experience. We also had weight issues that are now going to be investigated by the Texas Department of Transportation.

Do we like our Elkmont 24? Yes we do, and TrailManor has finally made good on their warranty (but not before getting other companies involved) and we are now 11 months after we purchased it going to get on the road for what is left of the summer. But it would have been nice if TrailManor in general and Mr. Hulsey in particular had been a little more customer oriented.

Just my 2 cents worth.
cochise is offline   Reply With Quote