View Single Post
Old 08-17-2010, 05:05 PM   #13
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine

Quote:
Originally Posted by henriettahankenson View Post
Re: Master George comment
Reading this thread makes me feel I should start looking at something else.
It is important to realize that this is a problem-solving forum, and therefore people bring their problems here to ask for help. The fact that you read about a lot of problems means that we have a lot of members, and the members have confidence about getting help here. But it doesn't mean that TMs have more problems than other brands. As Brulaz pointed out, even the high end trailers such as Airstream (my parents owned 3 of them!) have problems. Without doubt, some are workmanship related, and it seems like they shouldn't happen if the factory is paying attention. Some are design problems, which get fixed over the course of time. And some are simply random. Most are easily addressed, especially with the help of the members of this board. But the need to do so can be disappointing, no doubt.

TM builds maybe a thousand units a year, so they have a very small experience base compared to a company like Toyota. As you know, Toyota builds millions of vehicles a year, and they still have problems and failures, some pretty serious. You'd think that after building millions, they would get it right. But there is no such thing as perfection, and occasional problems are inevitable. You have to decide how you are going to handle that. You can address them calmly, quietly, and rationally, and fix the problem and move on. Or you can scream and holler accusations and threats. Guess which will yield a better owner-user experience for you?

Just my thoughts. But don't give up on TM just because this board encourages the owners to ask questions and fix problems.

Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote