View Single Post
Old 05-23-2010, 08:38 PM   #1
kingo369

Post 2008 2720 SL Front Corner Trim/Molding

I have researched and searched for a TM for over two years and have just recently purchased a used 2008 2720 SL in Texas. For the most part, the TM has lived up to my expectations.

On my way back home to Canada I noticed in my side view mirror that the trim/corner molding was flapping a bit. Nothing was noticeable for the first 2000 km's and I was monitoring closely. When safe to do so I pulled over to inspect and could see that the only thing holding it on was a silicone sealant and it would just eventually blow off.

In the TM forum, Buck Mills (My Maiden TM Trip) had the same problem but I didn't have any duct tape available. I slowed to 55mph on the interstate and was going to exit at the next town. (In Wyoming they are not that close together) The trim blew off in a gust of wind and after stopping in a safe place, I walked back a 1/4 mile to retrieve the molding.

I noticed that Buck Mills did not get a response to his question and could not find any thread with a similar problem.

Has anyone else had this problem? Other than just glueing it back on with silicone, would it be ok to screw it on also?